Thursday, October 8, 2009

USDGC DAY TWO

After perhaps the most mentally exhausting round of my life, I am extremely dissapointed with my score. I stand humbled by the integrity of the Winthrop Course and the players that have gathered from across the globe to compete on it.



After shooting a solid 35 front nine, the downward spiral of the back nine culminated on Hole 17. As seen above, this island hole demands an accurate drive into a relatively small landing area. Buncr rules require a retee on all OB drives. Long story short... It took me 8 drives to land on a green that I birdied the day previous... Ouch!!



Tomorrow is a new day. I'm actually shooting and putting well... Just hope to stay in between the yellow ropes and play some steady golf.

Regardless, I plan on competing for the spot again next year and encourage everyone to the same. The USDGC provides a glimpse of Disc Golf's future and it's an exciting time to be in the midst of that progress. Thanks to everyone that has passed on their regards and continue to follow our blog as the rest of the weekend unfolds.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having an amazing time regardless of the challenges! We here at home still think you are the best ever! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow. Mom and Sarina

    ReplyDelete